Did you know that the Children & Young People’s Health Partnership (CYPHP) has commissioned free training for all primary and secondary schools in Lambeth and Southwark to improve the emotional health and resilience of their students? So far, 48 local schools have signed up to the training and 94% percent of participants would recommend the training to colleagues.
The Head First programme is being delivered by The Training Effect, who support school staff across the two boroughs. Head First is a diverse offer, and the team work with schools to develop programmes of support which are appropriate, needs-led, and evidence based.
Schools taking part receive:
• An emotional health audit to ascertain the level of need amongst pupils, staff competencies, and staff wellbeing.
• Access to a huge library of PSHE resources, programmes, and support.
• Training to deliver effective evidence-based universal support to their pupils.
• Training to deliver the Head-First targeted intervention.
• Unlimited access to the Head-First website.
• Access to fully funded Mental Health First Aid Training.
Mental Health First Aid is a two-day course giving practical advice on how to understand and support children and young people facing issues such as depression and anxiety, as well as what to do when encountering signs of other serious mental health conditions. Participants will become a Youth Mental Health First Aider, who can help increase the understanding of mental health across the school and wider community.
If you work in a Lambeth or Southwark school and would like to participate in the Head First programme, or learn more about what’s involved, please contact .