CYPHP was created in partnership with local children and young people, their parents and service providers. We are a unique clinical academic partnership allowing us to reliably share our findings to inform new services across the country helping others to benefit.
Our evaluation is a gold-standard research design and first of its kind for children’s healthcare. We are opportunistically using the system roll out of CYPHP to evaluate the service using a cluster randomised control trial design. This will give us high quality evidence of the impact of the CYPHP model of care.
What sort of questions are we asking in our evaluation?
- Do CYPHP services improve child health?
- Can we can improve health-related quality of life?
- Does the CYPHP model improve quality of care?
- Can we reduce unnecessary demand on hospital services?
- And if so, can we redirect resources into prevention and early intervention?
- Does working as part of CYP health teams in the CYPHP model improve professionals’ confidence and satisfaction with their care?
- Can CYPHP provide excellent care and save the NHS money?
Where are we now in the evaluation, and what happens next?
We are ready to start! We’ve built a patient portal and database, secured ethics committee and research agency approvals. We’ve made data sharing agreements, and secured safe ways to store and process data. Our team is in place, ready and waiting for the first patients as the early stages of the service roll out.