Bridging gaps to help children and young people be healthy, happy, and well
The Children and Young People's Health Partnership (CYPHP) is working in London (Lambeth and Southwark). It is unique in the UK and across Europe in its cross-organisational, system-wide, transformative, and academically rigorous approach to improving child health services.
Our model of care is designed to deliver significantly better health, better healthcare outcomes, and better value for children and young people.
We are committed to:
- A child and young person centred approach to care.
- Making everyday healthcare for children and young people efficient and effective.
- Using and creating the best available evidence to improve children's health.
By helping get the small things right, using the best evidence to fix problems that affect all children and young people, and focusing on the detailed everyday needs of children, we can prevent long-term problems and improve health for all children and young people.
We will achieve these things for children and young people (CYP) by:
- Creating children's health teams working together delivering everyday care closer to home and school.
- Promoting good health, delivering proactive care, and empowering children and families.
- Foster a culture of equity in healthcare.
Our Programme aims to produce:
- An evidence‐based, clinically effective and cost effective, comprehensive day-to-day healthcare model for children and young people that meets current and evolving health needs.
- A learning healthcare system so that continuous improvement becomes part of everyday practice.
- Rigorous evaluation that builds the evidence base for improving children's healthcare and strengthening health systems.
What does success look like?
- Children will be healthier.
- Frontline staff will work smarter.
- Providers can manage increasing demand.
- Commissioners will have evidence for value-based commissioning.
- We will have a children's learning health system.
CYPHP is sponsored by Guy's and St Thomas' Charity. CYPHP's Partners include: local children, young people and families; Lambeth and Southwark CCGs; Lambeth and Southwark GPs; King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; Evelina London Children's Healthcare (part of Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust); South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust; Lambeth Council and Southwark Councils, and King's College London.